Saturday, January 28, 2012

Cowboy Small

Sayan rode a horse yesterday.


And I was not there!!!! I guess there will be many firsts for him that I won't be able to share in the moment but I am so proud of him working through his fears of new situations and large large animals and not only getting comfortable enough to pet the horses but then to get astride and ride!


Sayan's new nanny Lauren has a good friend with a few horses. They went to her barn yesterday and I was just excited he would get that exposure to horses and the other animals there. Knowing his cautious nature I assumed it would take several visits before he felt comfortable enough to interact much with the horses. Imagine my surprise when they came home and he got to tell me what he had done! He also led the horse around the corral. Big big boy. It's wonderful, Lauren has led horse camps for children so is well versed in safety protocols for the little ones. And she obviously knows how to inspire confidence and trust!

No comments: