Monday, February 13, 2012

Green Pastures

On Sunday we went to Green Pastures for my birthday brunch. I probably haven't been in twenty-five years (oh wait that's how old I am, right?), but what I remember most from our numerous trips there in my childhood was chasing the peacocks under the magnificent live oak trees. So when my mom suggested we go for my birthday I was most excited about Sayan getting to run and play on the beautiful lawns with the peacocks.

As it turned out the peacocks were not the highlight of the lunch -- though this beautiful albino one below greeted us and we discovered a flock hiding from the snow (yes it snowed on Sunday, fifteen flakes that thrilled me and insulted my husband) amidst the machinery "back of house".





What was the highlight of our day was this boy:



I have to admit I was a little nervous going to a "fancy restaurant" with our three year old, whose attention span has been shortened considerably since his recent illness. So I packed my purse full of drawing equipment, letters flashcards, even the DVD player, Just In Case. My purse sat unopened the entire meal.

Sayan was such a ball of light. He was so excited to choose his foods and quietly sat eating or talking with us for almost two hours. AMAZING. Only toward the end did we pull him onto our laps, not so much for him as for us!!






Love you my little man!!
(When next we go back I will teach you how to terrorize the peacocks properly.)

No comments: